Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Past Life Recall

My university education trained me to regard any belief, hypothesis, or assumption with a healthy dose of skepticism. Thus, I tend not to believe in anything. I only know what I experience. And I find, quite often, I that have experienced more than most people are willing to believe.

I have memories of many past lives; yet I do not insist that the idea of reincarnation be held as a belief system. Nor do I feel the need to hold back and disbelieve. I neither believe nor disbelieve in reincarnation – or anything else. For me, there is no need to make a judgment.

I'm in the midst of writing a book about those past life experiences that came to me in the 70's. These 'psychic' openings paved the way for the spiritual awakening I was undergoing at the time. I realize that many people, if not most, question the validity of past life notions. My perspective is such that I don't require proof or validation of these subjective occurrences. Since I am a writer, mainly of novels, I regard the past life revelation more as a metaphor deriving from a particular level of consciousness, and as such, these episodes of awareness are like the fairy tales of other ages, speaking to the individual of his/her own inner psyche. The information thus received offers the person insights to her/his behavior patterns.

My next entry will be an account of one of my most vivied past life recalls.

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home