Wednesday, November 02, 2005

November 2 when the veil is at its thinnist

Today is my sister's birthday. she's 78. And it is the day my son died in 1990. He'd be 34 were he still alive. I commune with him every day, so today is nothing different, except that I generally recall that day so vividly. And usually re-experience the emotions that swept me into a crazed state that lasted over a year.

Well, had to share this with you. This time of the year, All Saints Days, which lasts for three days from Oct 31 to Nov 2 is the time when the veil between this world and the spirit world is at its thinnest, making it much easier for a person to move between the two sates of being. I'm supposing he chose this time to make his transition.

Eventually, I wrote a book about this part of my life and his. "Open the River" is a strange mixture of my grieving and learning to sail - and of his life's meaning and his death's meaning for me. It tells how his mother and I got together and how we connected with our spiritual teacher, Mello, and of her part in Sorrel's story.

I wrote the book three years after his death, but didn't publish it until 2004. A dear friend read the book and insisted that I bring it out. I agreed to do so, but only if she wrote and introduction to the book. She did. Shannon also wrote a book of her own, which I helped her to publish. It's the story of her spiritual journey from Baptist beginnings to becoming a Christian Mystic. She died abruptly at age 29 just a few months ago. I had always thought she would have been a wonderful mate for Sorrel has he continued life in the physical. So now I think of them as dear friends together in the spirit world.

Life takes such strange turns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home