Sunday, July 10, 2005

Today Was A Good Day

The writer in me is happy today.
Put down about 1,000 words added to Miguel the Barber.
Did this in the afternoon. Celebrated with a 4-mile bike ride. For an old geezer like me, that's a marathon.
The morning was spent house cleaning. Margot and I washed surfaces, put away things lying about - a general straitening up - why? Having guests next three days, friends from Florida.
We see them about twice a year. Bob and Ellen, both into metaphysics, Jungian psychology, spiritual growth. They always bring interesting CDs, DVDs, books, pamphlets. We sit around and talk over what they have shown us, get carried away by their enthusiams. Bob is only 78, so he can have as many enthusiams as he wishes.
Then we picked strawberries. Margot's patch is a wonder. Everyday, the cute red berries look away, try to hide among their leaves - but we find them.

Two visiters to my web site, or here, took my up my offer - the free pdf of Numerology for Soul Awakening. Another reason to be happy.
But I ought not to need reasons to be happy. So, I'll just say I'm pleased.

Sharing myself like this to an unknown audience, I've never felt comfortable doing. This is a new departure. Maybe I'll become more open. I tend to hide my emotions. I believe writers tend toward hiding themselves. We make our characters do all the emotional work. They are the brave ones.

10:10 P.M. - time for bed. Night all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home