Saturday, July 09, 2005

Entering the Stream






All the thoughts in my head are this very moment pushing and shoving for attention.

"Pick me!" "No, me!" "I'm your best bet!"

And so on.

I sip my coffee while I let them fight it out.

When I pay heed to my own mind, this is what happens. My reason for writing fiction. When I'm with my characters, working from their angle and mental chaos, my own mind is at peace.

I guess this is what a certain form of meditation is all about. Writing gives my mind a focus. My chaos stays in the background. It's there all right. Waiting to barge in at any moment. My fingers race over the keyboard eluding the wild ride they intend for me. If I stop who knows what?

This is it for today.

Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger daringtowrite said...

You bet. I will stay tuned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home